We had a hard night last night. Squirrel woke up at midnight crying, which turned into screaming and crying until about 2:30am. It actually started when she didn't take her afternoon nap. She was in her room for a little over an hour, but didn't actually sleep. So, I got her up around 5:30pm and she was just cranky. I put Baby Einstein on, it's the only thing that really relaxes her, I don't know what it is, but she'll drop anything to watch it. At about 7pm I fed her dinner, she's not really eating baby food anymore so I have to be creative to make sure she gets her fruits and veggies. I made some oatmeal (rice cereal) left over from that morning, top ramen with diced carrots, and diced peaches for fruit. She ate the oatmeal, and quite a bit of the ramen, and some peaches. She started asking for num num's (puffs and cheerios) towards the end, so we took one more bite of ramen, and one more bite of peaches, while continuing to ask for 'Num num? Num num? Num num?'. As she was eating the peaches she kinda' gagged and I heard something come up, so I asked her if she was ok. She just kept chewing and tried to finish it up. The next thing I know she's throwing up! It was like someone was squeezing her tummy like a tube of frosting! Gross, I know. Everything she just ate came oozing out of her little mouth. So, I grabbed the wash cloth and cupped my hands in front of her to catch it, it was enough to fill both my cupped hands! Yuck, huh? As I was cleaning her up, she kept asking for num num's. Silly little Squirrel. ;-) I guess she just ate too much, and I'm sure all that snot she's been swallowing didn't help. We went back to watching Baby Einstein and playing in the living room until about 8:45pm (Adam was playing poker last night), then she had her bottle and went to bed perfectly fine. I watched LOST, Adam came home and went straight to bed (he's feeling pretty crappy too), and went to bed around 10:30pm. I woke up to Squirrel crying around 12:00am, cuddled her and eventually changed her diaper around 12:30am and gave her some Tylenol. She was chewing on her fingers a lot, and she'd ask for her binky, then didn't want it, then wanted to chew on it, so I figured it was her tooth that was bugging her. She just got her first molar, which
has come in even more than the picture, but it's not all the way through yet. I don't know if she's getting another one, or if it's this first one that's hurting her. She had another bottle, I changed her diaper again (at her request, she did the sign for 'change') and cuddled her some more. I would put her down and she's be ok for about 5 minutes....just enough time for Adam and I to almost fall asleep....then start crying again, then start screaming. Finally at about 2:30am, I laid her down between Adam and I (which we've never done), she just kept screaming and crying, and climbing on me. We ended up (picture this) with me on my side, she was on top of me, like laying on my ribs with her arms and legs on either side hanging down. She eventually fell asleep like that, it was pretty cute. I told Adam it'd be great if I could stay like that the rest of the night. So, about 5 minutes later I got up and laid her down, she fussed a little bit, but went back to sleep. Poor Adam is totally stuffed up and had to get up at 5:00am!! So, that was our night. Not so fun.
Friday, March 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment