Thursday, March 6, 2008

Kohl's and the park.



Another fun filled day! We did our usual morning, playing, watching some tv, eating breakfast, then Squirrel took a nap while I took a shower and had some lunch. When she woke up she had a nice lunch, which she actually ate! Then we went to Kohl's (of course there's a drive thru Starbuck's right there so.....you know) so I could return some clothes I bought last week. We ran into Heather and Tyler (bro-in-law Adam's sister), who was there with a friend just out to get out of the house. It's nice to have somewhere to go and things to do around this area. I was looking at the 2 for $10 shelf of little girl clothes and chatting away with Squirrel....I noticed I talk to her like a big girl. I'm saying 'Oh, I like this pink shirt and these shorts together, do they have them in your size? What do you think about the green shirt? Yeah, I think it's too much with the green shorts....' Then I hear her say 'Key! Ooo, Ooo, Ooo, Ooo', so I look over and there's a t-shirt with a MONKEY on it! So cute! Then she spotted a kitty and said 'Kkkhhkkkk!!' She was so excited. ;-)


After Kohl's I was on my way to the park by Amy's house, but Hayden was sleeping, so we turned around and went to Laura's. She was waiting for a lady to come look at her table and chairs she posted on Craigslist. She was asking $150 for the set but she made a heck of deal selling her dining chairs for $100!! Way to go Laura!! We then went to the park near her house. It was soooo fun!!! Benjamin and Squirrel could hardly contain their excitement on the swings. They were so cute and happy! My cheeks hurt from smiling so much at them. Unfortunately I didn't have my camera, but I took a couple of cute pics on my cell phone, and Laura got a few pictures on her camera.....just waiting for her to send them to me. After the swings we went over to the ducks. Of course the poor babies fell over a couple times, ohmygosh YUCK! There was duck poop everywhere!! It was pretty gross, but whatever, their little immune systems need to get strong somehow, right? Squirrel was so excited to see real life ducks! She just stood there and stared at them. It was pretty cute. Benjamin was like, ok....cool, can I go play now? Laura threw some cheerios for the ducks to draw them closer. That kept the kids' attention for a little while. They just stood there and watched, again.....cute. ;-) After that we came home, and I put Squirrel down for a nap, she's in there talking right now, hopefully she falls asleep soon or she'll be a cranky little kid tonight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They were so cute at the park, it was fun. We should do it again sometime!

Did you get the pictures I sent you?

Shellee said...

I didn't get them. Hmmmmm....