Well, Echo is having problems, I'll get to that in a minute. We worked on the house and the yard this weekend. I have the Spring Cleaning bug! I'm sure it's mostly because of the upcoming baby shower I'm having next Saturday, but my house really needed the deep scrub anyway. Luann had Squirrel all weekend for us, thank you sooooo much Luann!!! Adam had a fun shooting thing at the gun club on Saturday, so I cleaned all the baseboards, the cupboards, behind/under the dressers, the couch/love seat/chair, the TV cabinet, the china cabinet, the fridge, I'm talking everything. I also did some dusting and a little more cleaning. Joey also came over and pulled some weeds, thanks Joe Joe!! When Adam got home he got on his hands and knees with a green scrubber and scrubbed the bathroom floor, the grout isn't brown anymore!! Debbie did the big stuff on Sunday, bathrooms, floors, dusting, cleaned out the fridge, all the window and glass. Thank you so much Deb Deb!! You are such an awesome sister! Adam was home on Sunday so we went to Home Depot and got some 'fix-it' stuff for around the house. There was a light switch that needed a cover, oil/gas for the weed whacker (Adam likes to spell it that way, say it with the 'wh') and lawn mower, and a few other things for Joey. Oh, Joey is going to be our 'Lawn Boy'. He'll be working pretty hard the next couple of weeks getting the yard looking nice, then he'll come over once a week to mow, weed whack, trim, edge, etc. Basically he'll be doing the maintenance. Of course he'll be paid, smart kid. David decided he did not want the job, his loss! We also went to Fred Meyer to pick up a bunch of flowers for my pots.
There wasn't much of a choice, we should have gone to a nursey, but I got enough to make the porch look pretty. So, I planted flowers and pulled weeds in the front on Sunday. Adam showed Joey how to run the weed whacker and lawn mower, ahhhhh fresh cut grass is such a beautiful thing! There are a few mohawks in the yard, but that's ok, it's the first time he's ever mowed, he'll get the hang of it. It's so nice to have things moving along with the yard, and the inside of the house is just awesome! I feel like I can relax.......at least a little bit.
I had to take Echo in to the Vet this morning. She was kinda' whiny last night when we got home from Luann's. Then at 6:00am she threw up, twice. Oh, and Kimber threw up twice at 4:00am!! Of course, I'm the one who heard it and had to get up to clean it, princess Adam was sound asleep. Kimber has a sensitive stomach so she doesn't worry me, she's always puking. Echo, on the other hand, is usually as healthy as a horse (pun intended)! So later in the morning she just wasn't acting like herself. She was whiny, and lethargic, walking around with her head hung really low, tail tucked. At one point she came up to me for a pet, and as I was petting her she leaned against me (hard) and started shaking really bad. That's when I called the Vet to let them know I'd be in. Thank you Vala for staying here with Squirrel! They did some blood work, and mentioned X-Rays but didn't do any, and found her liver level to be elevated. They said it could be from a number of different things. I'm hoping it's nothing! So, I left her there from 1:30pm to about 5:00pm, they said they'll have all the test results back tomorrow. Let's hope our poor puppy doesn't have anything seriously wrong with her, she's been through quite enough in her 3 years. She's still acting different; whiny, head hung low, just totally not herself. I'll let you know tomorrow when I hear from the Vet.
Monday, March 17, 2008
Echo and Spring Cleaning
Posted by Shellee at 7:38 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I hope nothing's wrong with your puppy :( She's a really pretty dog. At least you were able to get in to the vet and have her checked out!
I've been starting our Spring cleaning (doing pieces each weekend) and I came home from work yesterday to find Joey cleaning and organizing a whole bunch of stuff in the livingroom! It's such a wonderful feeling to deep clean every once and awhile =) Keep us posted on the lovely lady Echo.
Post a Comment