Ok, I'm going to try to remember everything she says and does. Here's a list of what Squirrel says.......and does.
Sayings
Mama = Mama
Dada = Dada
Mmmmah = Grandma
Papa = Papa/Grandpa
Juju = Aunt Juli
Nana = Natalie
Deb Deb = Debbie
Bah = Valarie
Mamy/Amy = Amy
Buh = Bug (Hayden)
Mah = Water (she sometimes puts her finger to her lips)
Dah with a hand to the ear = Phone
Dah (alone) = Echo (or dog)
Bee = Bird, Plane, Brandon (Adam's parent's dog)
Baby= Baby
Bah Bah = Bottle
Khhhee = Kittie
Heet (while bringing her fingers to her mouth as if to put something in it) = Eat
Num Num = Treat/Snack
Hat = Hat (also puts her hand to her head)
Ome = Home
Na = Nap
Nigh nigh = Night night
Bye bye = Bye bye
Meee? = Binky (she says it with the question mark)
Name = Name (she just said this today, I was asking her what her baby's name is and she just kept saying 'Name')
No = No
Boobie = Boobie
Boo = Balloon, Blue, Book
Baa = Bath
Bah = Ball
Choo = Shoes
Gock = Socks
Key = Monkey
Duh....K,K,K = Duck
Fsh = Fish
Poo = Poop
No = Nose
Toh = Toast
Car = Bbbbbbbbb (you know, vibrating your lips)
Signs
With the left hand open, she puts her right (hand) fingers together and puts them in the center of her left hand and twists, this means 'Change Diaper'
Circling her chest with one or both hands means 'Please'
Bringing closed finger tips of both hands together means 'More'
Sign for Apple (twisting the letter 'A' at her jaw) = 'Apple'
Sign for Nurse (swiping you hand down your breast) = 'Nurse'
Sign for Milk (squeezing your hand in front of you, as if milking a cow) = 'Milk'
Body Parts she knows
Hair, Head, Ears, Eyes, Nose, Mouth/Lips, Teeth, Tongue, Chin, Cheeks, Boobies, Arm, Hands, Fingers, Leg, Tootsie/Foot/Toes,Coo Coo (where'd that come from Mommy?), and Bum Bum..... and right now we're working on Elbows and Knees
Animal sounds she makes
Cow = Moo
Sheep = Baa
Dog = FF FF (she makes the 'F' sound, I think it's the end of Ruff)
Monkey = Ooo, Ooo
Owl = Ooo
Elephant = Mmmmm (with her mouth closed she makes a noise like an elephant and lifts her chin)
Pig = Sniff sniff (while making the cute face)
Chicken = Bock Bock
Random
She knows the color Blue
She makes a funny face, on command
She does the motions to Itsy Bitsy Spider and Pat-A-Cake
She's so smart, she knows so many words we say, light, on, off, toy box, TV, living room, kitchen, cup, dinner, lunch, cereal, and so many more!!
She's babbling and jibber jabbering so much right now, she'll be making those sounds into words so soon!!!
Monday, March 31, 2008
What is she saying?
Posted by Shellee at 4:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
WOW! Great post, Shell! I really enjoyed this. I'll say it again, that little girl of yours is a GENIUS!!
SO cute!! She talked the WHOLE hour she was with me yesterday. mostly MaMa, baby, num num, and dog. She is so cute!!
It's so great to record all these memories. I need to do it more often. You think you will remember forever, but the memories fade so much. It sounds like your girl is one smart cookie!
I know, I'm really bad at writing it down when she does something new. I go to the calendar and just kind of guesstimate when 'it' happened. And thanks, I like to think she's a little smarty pants. ;-)
Post a Comment