Thursday, March 13, 2008

Mostly baby stuff.

First I want to say CONGRATULATIONS to Rae (old co-worker) and Jason! They just found out they're having a girl in early August. I just found out today that she was pregnant! She's a private person and didn't want to tell anyone until they found out what the baby was.


My mom came over today (with Natalie in tow) to watch Squirrel so I could run around some more. I have the double baby shower coming up in two weeks and I want to have everything ready, I will not procrastinate with this!! Thank you Mommy, it was a huge help! I'm sure Natti and Squirrel had a ton of fun too! I got the prizes for the baby shower, renewed my CHL, and got the tires rotated on the truck. Pretty good for a few hours in the afternoon huh? Now, I could only imagine how long (and difficult it would have been) it would have taken if I had Squirrel with me.



So, Adam (my Obama loving brother-in-law) said this in Genevieve's blog comments..... "Keep it up... while you can. For once you have a kid, I'm guessing that's all you'll be able to blog about too." I do NOT take offense to this Adam, just so you know. I just want to say.....what else is there when you're a stay at home mom? I mean, Juli is painting and redecorating the apartment, so she's got that to talk about. Laura just did her first post, and it was about Benjamin. I personally, have nothing else to talk about. I stay home with my baby (ahem* toddler), is there more to me than that? I'll try to add more substance to my blog in the future, but I just really don't know what else to talk about. Here, I'll try.......



I'm 28 years old, I'm married, I'm a Mama (oops, it's begun!), I have 2 cats and a dog. I have Hypothyroidism, I have to have my blood tested every six months, and I'm on medication for the rest of my life. I hate that. Red is my favorite color. I want a bigger house, but I love that we don't have any carpet, with 3 animals all I would do is vaccum. Ummmmm, what else? I need a new prescrition for my glasses. See how boring I am? In the future I'll try to add more, but for right now, it'll be mostly baby stuff.

2 comments:

Laura said...

I love you, Shellee... *cough* Adamgotowned *ahem*
Yeah, I saw that too, and laughed. Yes, we stay-at-home moms talk mostly about our children-- is that so strange? Isn't the purpose of a blog to talk about the things most important to you? And if a mother's child ISN'T one of the most important things to her, something might be wrong!

Also, I didn't know you have Hypothyroidism...that stinks about the medication forever, I'm sorry.

Genevieve said...

ROFL! This is hilarious! I'm sure it won't be any different for me when that time comes (but that's way down the road, thank you) and I don't think he meant in a negative way either =P And you do talk about more than Renee and Adam, you briefly mentioned the movie Vantage Point a while ago =) See your a mama and a movie reviewer.