Saturday, April 25, 2009

Poor sicky

Squirrely is sick. I lost track of how many times the poor little girl threw up, pretty much every hour through the night, then 2 hours in between, then the last time was at 4:30am. Let's hope that's really the last time! She's now burning a fever, which I'm just letting it burn. I know, she's not feeling well, but that fever needs to burn the virus out of her body. She's drinking lots of water, and she's had some jello today, I'll probably wake her up soon to have some soup or something. I just feel so bad for her. When we got home last night (after puking all over herself in the truck) I put her on the floor with a towel and the 'puke bowl'. I had to throw her blankie in the washer and when I came back she was on her hands and knees hanging her head over the bowl crying, 'I don't wanna' puke, Mommy, I don't like pukin'. She hadn't gone again, she just felt like she had to stay over the bowl the whole time in case she needed to puke again. Anyway, we had a yucky night....she was able to tell me when it was coming so I could grab the bowl, but it was still a hard night. I haven't showered, Adam's outside mowing the lawn in the rain, and Renee is sleeping. I really hope this goes fast, she's so pathetic.

ps. I still think I had food poisoning. I got sick at 1:30am on Wednesday, about 6 hours after I ate (what I think was) bad bacon. I was purging all day on Wednesday, while my awesome sister Diane took care of Renee (and me) all day, then I still took it easy on Thursday while my tummy was a little queasy. I never did get a fever, and I've never felt that 'purging' feeling before. I could just tell it was not a bug, it was food poisoning. So, shaddup Juli. ;-)

2 comments:

Loy said...

poor baby! I hope she feels better fast!

Anonymous said...

Awww... poor baby! I hope she is better by now.
(p.s. "a little toooo ironic. Dontchathink?")