Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving

Adam went off for his annual morning shoot. I used to be included, what's up with that? I guess that's when we were only dating and it was still exciting to be together allItalic the time. Now that we're married the novelty has worn off. ;-) Anyway, I got Renee ready, made the pumpkin torte, took a bunch of tests, and got started on the sweet potatoes. I found a recipe for Cinnamon Sweet Potatoes. Yummy! I put Renee down for a (very early) nap, but she only agreed if I put her Nemo sheets on her bed. Silly girl. By the time Adam got home, the torte was done, I needed a shower, and the potatoes needed to go in the oven. We had dinner at Adam's parents' house, then headed off to my parents' house for dessert..... and the chaos that is my family. We missed you Rice's and Joey and Genevieve. We played with the Wii, I kinda' pulled a muscle in my shoulder from bowling. But hey, it wasn't as bad as Adam's aunt (in Minnesota) who blew a disc in her back and had to have surgery.....playing baseball on the Wii! Holy cow, huh? We had lots of yummy pumpkin torte, pumpkin pie, cherry pie, apple pie, and coffee. After most everyone had left, Juli and I were playing around trying to take 'Myspace' pics. It was pretty hilarious. We're just too old to try that silly teenager face. You know, the big eyes, and puckered lips, or off to the side lips. We had a really good laugh. Mommy even tried it, but she deleted all the pics off my camera....dork. So, enjoy the pics!
Silly girl.







Myspace pics. Or at least trying.

I'm just too old! I look ridiculous!

Juli's attempt.

Funny, huh?

Comparing eye color. Neat huh?

I've always thought Neeka has the most gorgeous electric blue eyes!
Diane's eyes are almost gray. Beautiful!

My pretty mommy.

Where did I get the green? Can you tell she's my mom?

My mom's beautiful blue eye.
Happy Thanksgiving!












So about the tests. I took a pregnancy test that morning, which showed up positive, then I started my period. Then I took a few more over the next few days and they've all said negative. So, I'm just assuming I'm not, though I'm sure I'll take another test in a week or so. I've heard you can have a false negative (result in a test), and a false period, but false positives are very uncommon. So, we'll see! I don't mind sharing this with you. I'll keep you updated. ;-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny! Great post, Shell. I love your new background too. It's very festive!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your sweet words Shellee :) I haven't noticed a change at all so it's nice to hear! I love that you guys took 'myspace' pictures, so funny! And again all you Martin girls are so beautiful!!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos of you both.ab

Anonymous said...

You probably got the green from the Martin gene: One or more of Grandpa Martin's siblings had very dark brown eyes, two or more had chocolate brown eyes and no more than half had blue. Grandma McRann Martin's were all blue eyes. Runnels were half Portugese and your Grandma Runnels had brown eyes. The other side is Irish and something. Why are you surprised at this late date that you have green eyes. I notice that they are not always green but sometimes hazeley. I think that's a mixture of browns, greens and a little yellow. Your mom's are blue and gray. ab