Friday, February 27, 2009

Dumb bird

I think I posted a similar video last spring/summer, but this is definitely a different bird. This is so weird. Birds like flying into our kitchen window. Anyone have any ideas?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Same hormones, different species of bird. Territory is paramount to survival. Nobody allowed within whatever is the customary space for a male of that species. Reflections in the window show another of his species. Get rid of the competition.ab

Faith said...

What do you have in your kitchen that is so enticing?? You should send that to AFV!

Lauren said...

You need to tape something big and black to your window. They can't tell that there's glass there, they think they should be able to fly thru it. Even black tape in an X will help! Birds die all the time running into windows!

Pop said...

Bon's right I think. The bird sees it's reflection in the glass and thinks it's being challenged so it attacks...

Get a drop down shade for the morning light which is turning the window into the mirror...

Shellee said...

I do have a few plant on the window sill, and couple things hanging on the window....but it's not like I'm teasing the dumb thing! ;-)

I went out one morning to see what the bird sees....that window is like a mirror! I can hear him/her doing it on the other windows too! But, it does it when it's dark and gloomy out too....so I don't know.

Lauren, didn't you used to have birds fly into your house? I remember being on the phone with you once while a bird was trying to get out.