Friday, February 27, 2009

Awesome!

When I was getting Renee up this morning, I told her someone was coming to pick her up.
Renee, 'Grandma Luann!?!'
Me, 'Yes!!'
Renee, 'Awesome!!'

I have two tweezers in my bathroom and couldn't find them. I finally found one, and said.....
Me, 'Where are the other tweezers!?'
I went back to what I was doing, and a minute later....
Renee, 'Here Mama! Here they are!'
She found the other tweezers.....How does a 2 year old know what tweezers are??

When I was changing her diaper this morning, she was holding her binky....
Renee, 'Can I play with my binky?'
Me, 'Sure'
Renee, 'There's a hair on my binky'
Me, 'There is? Yucky. You had it in your mouth, that means you had that hair in your mouth, ewwwww'
Renee, *giggle*
Renee, 'I bless you'd on my binky'
Me, 'You what?'
Renee, 'I bless you'd on my binky! In the holes'
Me, *giggle* 'Oh! You bless you'd? You sneezed on your binky, you silly girl!'

I was getting dressed and Renee came running in to tell me....
Renee, 'Mama! Echo said....'
Me, 'What?'
Renee, 'Echo said....'
Me, 'What did she say?'
Renee, 'Echo said.....*moving her tongue in and out of her mouth*'
Me, 'Oh, that's what Echo said!' *giggle*
Renee, 'And Echo slobbered on my car too!'
Me, 'Ewwww!'
Renee, 'Yeah, gross!'

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are telling an amusing story but also a serious one. She is so typically girl in that her communication skills are what she concentrates on. She sees something and she wants to share with you. You are a REAL teacher in that you listen... thereby teaching what she wants to learn in the first place.
Keep it up Shell!!ab

Pop said...

Get some basic reading, writing & rithmatic books... Not for her, for you so you'll be ready to teach / encourage / challenge her when she's ready.

And I have an idea she'll be ready BEFORE Pre and / or K!!!