Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Please be patient......

Adam, just be patient with me. I have a new obsession, a new addiction....it's not myspace, it's not facebook, it's not blogger. It's a book, or a series of books rather. I finished the first one in 2 days, and I'm almost half way through the second already! I'm so in love! I won't (can't) explain how incredible it is. It's funny though, it's so juvenile, the book is totally aimed for teenage girls.....but my oh my! It has me hooked! My sister read it, my brother's girl friend read it, my friend (Lauren) read it, other friends, Tara, and Brooke, and Melissa......all of whom have no connection to the other (other than Juli and Genevieve). This book is so huge (in popularity) and so inviting that if you even have a taste.....you're addicted.

My sweet husband just needs to realize that I'll be 'away' for a few days, I'll be back, but for now I'm in a different world.

See Genevieve's blog *here* for an idea of what I'm talking about.

I noticed Faith posted about Luke's birthday, I notice Mom2My6Pack posted a few times, I noticed a few other alerts and updates on myspace.......but I can't stand to spend the time at the computer reading......when I could be in Forks (the town in Washington in which the book takes place). I haven't actually read anything, or looked at any pictures, I've just notice I have a lot to catch up on, when I come back to this life. It's hard enough for me to post this, but I want you all to know about it!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

WELL SAID SHELLEE!!!

IT'S THE COMPLETE AND UTTER TRUTH ABOUT THOSE BOOKS!

Lauren said...

you are a dork! Yes the books are crazy addictive and when you're done I have another addictive series!!! His Dark Materials by Phillip Pullman. I liked them far better than the vampire books and sat and bawled my eyes out while reading them. trust me on this, Becky, Amy and I all got obsessed. Have fun with the twilight books because its a buzzkill when you're all done :(

Shellee said...

Yes, I am a dork. I'll look into those books, sounds interesting!

I heard that the 5th book (of my Vampire series) was leaked on the internet and the author is too sad to continue working on it so it's on hold indefinately! Grrrrr!

Smithers said...

Hello, I am well-meaning lurker...and I discovered the series 3 weeks ago and I am ADDICTED! I am living in Taiwan right now and havent been able to get the others...but I plan to. My husband even got hooked and feels a little awkard reading female adolescent novels. :)

Anonymous said...

LOL! This is so true Shellee! As soon as I started each one, I spent every free moment reading them. Now that I am done, I don't know what to start next. I think I read Harry Potter... I have held out for all these years but everyone swears they are amazing.