Wednesday, August 27, 2008

What to make?

We're camping this weekend and Adam and I are making a dinner. We've done the steak and potato with onion foil wrap, we've done chicken on the barbie, we've done spaghetti, we've done chicken fettuccine, we've done tacos.....I need some new ideas. I really wanted to make Megan's 'Chicken Fingers', but I need an oven for that (unless someone can think of a good outdoor way to cook them).

So, does anyone have any ideas? We're cooking for 6 adults and 2 kids, we have the Coleman cook stoves, Hibachi's, and the fire pit. Any ideas would be great!

Thanks

2 comments:

Pop said...

DUTCH OVEN!

Check out MyFamily . . .

Amy Kae said...

Hey babes.....
I'm so dumb when it comes to the downloading of the photos on my computer. I lost the connection chord, so I have to go to Wally world, download my images on a cd, then download the cd on my computer and then attach an image and then email you. I will work on it...
Foil dinners are my favorite! We use frozen beef patties, potatoes, carrots, and cream of mushroom sauce...or chicken tenderloins with minute rice and cream of mushroom. Hot dogs over an open fire are always a hit! you can't go camping and not have hot dogs! Easy and cheap.... who does Pasta when their camping? I want to come camping with you! If I could eat one thing the rest of my life, it would be spaghetti...so good. Chili or stew, or a baked potatoe bar. Or breakfast for dinner. An omelette or pancakes or french toast. Sandwiches...pb & J or turkey and cheese. If it was up to me, hot dogs....all day every day. but be prepared for massive gas....YIKES. HAVE FUN!