Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I'm such a DORK!!

Seriously, it's 12:00AM on Monday night! I should be in bed cuddling with my husband, but no, here I sit digging deeper and deeper into the world that is Twilight. I might even be able to call myself a 'Twilighter' at this point. I finished the 4th book last week, but I'm still constantly thinking about it. It was so hard to give the books to my sister, it was almost depressing to have them leave my house. I know I'll read them again, but for now I'll just become the biggest dork. I've put a countdown ticker on my myspace (for when the movie comes out), I've changed my background on myspace....Twilight inspired, of course, and I'm getting more and more excited and giddy for the movie! Tawny and I have been trying to figure out the perfect Edward, we're thinking Hayden Christensen maybe, or Shane West......maybe? I think I've put Edward so high on a pedestal that no man can be perfect enough for him. The actor that is playing him in the movie is growing on me though......but I'm NOT looking forward to Kristin Stewart as Bella. She's just not a very good actress, she bugs me. Oh well, I'll just imagine myself up on the big screen!! Sigh......

ps. anyone have any suggestions for another good series? I'm kinda' into love sick vampires right now, but anything will do......a suggestion soon would be great, I'm gonna' be on my own for about a week!

Hayden Christensen, I'm leaning more towards him.

Shane West, with a sharper nose he'd be great. Those eyes just smolder!

Edward and Bella (the actual actors)

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure if you have read this yet but on Stepheniemeyer.com you can click on the twilight series and then you can read Midnight Sun which is twilight told from Edwards point of view. She only has like twelve chapters there but its good...:)

-Stephanie

Shellee said...

Yes! I did hear about that, haven't had the chance to read it yet, but of course...I will!!!

Anonymous said...

Shellee - First of all, you are a big dork :) (but I totally understand the obsession)
Second, you should read the Golden Compass series that Lauren told you about. They are very good and also addictive :)

Anonymous said...

Oh... and I have to say I like her for Bella but I do NOT like that guy for Edward! Definitely not cute enough! And have you seen the other characters?? Bad choices on them too...

Shellee said...

Oh! I couldn't remember which series it was that Lauren told me about, I didn't realize it was The Golden Compass.

Yeah, Kristen Stewart has Bella's 'look', but I just think she's a bad actress. The actor playing Edward is growing on me, the more I watch trailers, the cuter he gets. And yeah, I wish they could have put more money into it, and had some big names in it. I hope the acting is good.

And yes, I AM a big dork. ;-)

nuage said...

Shellee,
You ARE such a dork, but it's really cute at the same time.
It makes me wanna pick up the books too.

Lauren said...

Yes! The first book is called the Golden Compass but the series is called "His Dark Materials" I think, by Phillip Pullman. I was completely entwined in Twilight and am SO excited for the movies, but I still loved the Golden compass books better and was far more emotionally attached :)

Shellee said...

Thanks Lauren! I'll see if I can find them.

Kate, you totally should read them!! You'll fall madly in love with Edward....I'm telling you!!

Lauren said...

Amy Benjamin said Stephanie Meyer was on Ellen yesterday and that she was GIANT! I never would have thought!PS if you can't find those books, let me know and I'll bring them to you next week at the reunion :)

rae ann said...

hey shell... i just found your new blog background...

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg245/onecuteblog/2053.jpg

you suck, by the way. after reading your post and all of the comments, i went and bought the books. the reason you suck is because i haven't been able to get any laundry (or anything else productive) done in two weeks. :)

Shellee said...

Ummmm, the next time Squirrely is asleep, guess what I'm gonna' do???

Yeah, does Tom totally feel neglected? I actually asked Adam the other night if it bugs him that I love Edward so much....he said no. ;-) I almost feel bad for how much I love a fictional vampire! But, that's totally what I'm talking about, it consumes you!

rae ann said...

actually, tom has yet to ask what i've been reading so i've kept it to myself for the time being. he was so sick of me obsessing over sex and the city that i don't think he could handle another male character obsession. :) i kinda like that it's my little secret though.

i told jules that when you guys plan your girls night out to go see the movie, i wanna tag along! i have visions of a bunch of girls sipping wine at the wine bar afterwards and swooning.

Shellee said...

I'd rather be drinking blood!

Mwahahahah!

rae ann said...

HAHA! somehow i *knew* you were going to say that!