Monday, August 18, 2008

Is this weather amazing or what?

I LOVE hearing the rain outside the window. It's so refreshing. I don't have to spend an hour watering the grass and plants tomorrow, yay!! It's also nice to not have to use our industrial (or at least it feels that way) fan in the doorway to try to cool the house down. It's nice to just open the window and let the cool breeze pass on through the house. And it's nice to put Renee down without running the air in her room all night.

We have these 'heat pump/cooling unit' thingys, it's way bigger than a window air conditioner, but it still really only works for one room with the door closed. We have one in the living room, and had one in our room.....but we moved that into Squirrely's room last week. So, while she slept in the nice cool air, Adam and I are sweating like pigs until 6am when it finally cools off to 69 degrees! At least that's what it was like late last week. We actually used blankets last night!

Anyway, Fall has always been my favorite season! I love the crisp sunny weather.....not so much the rain though. Now that we have a child rain just sucks. I never really looked forward to summer, though now that Squirrel is older and able to actually play outside and have fun, I do like summer a little more now. Plus, I have a great neighbor, that I hardly know, that let's us use her pool whenever we want! Score! ;-)

0 comments: