Should I go private? I just got 2 comments from completely random people (men I might add) on the last post. What the heck? Why do random people feel the need to look at and comment on a blog when they don't even know the person?? I mean, sure, I've looked at blogs of friends of friends, but I don't comment......if I did, I'd let them know who I was and how I came across their blog. Do you think it's just spam, or weirdos? So, what do you think family and friends.....should I go private?? I like keeping my blog open for public view for people to connect with me (as in people I know, or knew in highschool), plus some people don't know how, or just don't want to 'sign in'......but I don't know...... What do you think??
Just figured out how to delete the comments.....so I did......but still, what do you think.
Thursday, August 7, 2008
What do you think?
Posted by Shellee at 12:51 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
I've gotten a couple comments from people I don't know (like Gustav?), so I changed my basic settings and checked NO to "Let search engines find your blog?" and "Add your blog to our listings?" I don't know if that really did anything (other than give me peace of mind that no weirdo's are looking at my kids), but I haven't gotten any more random comments since.
Oh? I'll try that.
And, if THAT doesn't work GO PRIVATE!!!
There are lurkers who like pictures of babies and little children....
Don't mean to scare you but WTF....Shell!!!
ab
I'm pretty sure I'm gonna' go private. That 'wtf' cracks me up AB! I canNOT see you saying that! Ha ha!
I go back and forth. I have it set up to go private but often leave it public. that way I can have a little control.
I have the same setting Heather has. That way people can't search for your blog they have to know someone that knows someone etc etc. I went private for a while but switched back. I am just very careful about NOT posting pics of my kids naked or half naked, even swimsuit pictures I'm a little careful about. Just be careful, I think you'll be fine.
I agree with Faith. Just dont do what I did and delete it all together.
Post a Comment