I don't know how much longer I can do this. I had an appointment yesterday (Wednesday). It was my Pre-Op, and an OB check. We talked about the C-Section (scheduled for next week), and did a regular OB exam. I'm measuring 36 weeks (I'll be 39 on Friday), and the baby's heart beat sounded great. She 'checked me', I think she said I'm still about 2cm, but it was so painful I'm not quite sure what she said! Then she did some scraping. I had a few contractions last night, but nothing to call in about.
I'm still barely able to walk. I have a really hard time sleeping.....and I can only sleep on my right side. It kills me to sit down to pee. I'm absolutely miserable! I called and left a message for my doctor to talk about doing a C-Section today or tomorrow. Rae....you were on my mind while I was crying through that phone call! ;-) Well, I just hung up the phone. They cannot do a C-Section before next week. My doctor said if I'm having any contractions...which I am, but they are few and far between.....then I can come in and she can rupture my membranes (breaking my water).
Wait, what? Really? Now that she says it could happen, do I really want to do this? Eeek! I have to call Adam and make some decisions.
As far as I understand that's about all they can do (because of my previous C-Section). They can break my water, and do a light pitocin drip, but they cannot turn it up, my body has to do it on it's own. Maybe though, with a little help we can do this!! Yikes!!
My next post might be baby or just more waiting.........
...........to be continued...........
Thursday, June 24, 2010
Still Pregnant.....but for how long?
Posted by Shellee at 9:16 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
Sorry that you have been in a lot of pain. It's amazing how uncomfortable the end of pregnancy can get. Luckily we quickly forget once it's over. Brynn is almost 11 months old and I'm just beginning to forgot all the icky stuff that went into having her:) Good luck and can't wait to hear more!!
Post a Comment