We had a horrible pine tree in our front yard. ;-) I've hated the thing since we moved in. It dropped needles year round, preventing anything from growing beneath it, it was full of sap and pollen.....that it liked to drop all over our cars, and it was just an ugly sight! There were two good things about that tree....the shade it cast on the living room window, and the hummingbird nest I got to watch last spring.....we actually saw the mommy/daddy build the nest, lay eggs, hatch, grow, then fly away.....it was pretty awesome. We'd always talked about taking it down, but we were afraid to because of the hot sun. Well, we finally just decided to do it.....mostly because we're trying to re-vamp the front yard. The Johnson kids (mostly Vala) expressed their sadness (the Johnson's are my nieces and nephews that grew up in this house, and played in that tree all the time.....it was a great climbing tree.....Neeka even 'ran away' to the tree one night) for the removal of the tree, but I'm pretty sure they'll get over it. ;-)
So, I called Dave's Tree Service (highly recommended) to come take the tree out. Three days before they were scheduled to come, Jonesy came over and said he wanted the (fire)wood from the tree, so he and Adam then decide they can do it! Yikes! I was not looking forward to that...though it was much cheaper...free! I canceled with Dave, and had a great time watching the guys (manly men) take the wretched thing down! I can't upload video right now (but I will), the thing had so much pollen in it, if you had allergies you would probably have died if you were anywhere near it!
So, the tree couldn't leave without giving us some problems.
All done! He sure loved that pipe!! Lol!


10 comments:
Well done Kriss clan...uh, Adam I mean! It looks good...are you going to replant anything for shade's sake?
We're planning on it. Any ideas? It's going to have to be near the driveway and sidwalk...not too close though. So, we need a small root diameter, full and shady in the summer and naked in the winter (to let the sun in).....oh, and it needs to grow fast so we don't have to wait 10 years! ;-)
WOW! Talk about bragging rights!! "My husband is stronger than your husband!"
crap!! That was a new roof when you moved in!! I'm sorry I feel bad.
My husband probably IS stronger than your husband Juju! ;-p~ Although, your husband could kick my husband's rear when it comes to computer crap.
It's not your fault Di, Adam thinks that whoever put the vent in didn't seal it correctly so it leaked, causing the dry rot. At least it's at the bottom of the slope, so he only has to fix a small part. ;-)
Wow, what a trooper! My husband would of had many um, "words" beyond those 2 fingers for that one, haha. I am not a fan of pine trees either...Sorry it was such a nightmare!
Hanging bamboo shades work as a temporary fix. There are also awnings that can be retracted. You might have to change the path to the front door. OTOH our summer may have already come and gone. aunt b
No kidding! Not much of a summer so far, huh? Yeah, we really need to plant something....and Adam does have a plan for a path to the front door. We'll see how it turns out. ;-)
Judging from the back patio path gazebo thingey he has ab eye for proportion and the back for work. That is rare!
ab
He has 'an eye'. Guess I should read BEFORE I publish, eh?
Post a Comment