Saturday, June 7, 2008

My poor baby :-(

So, she had the fever from Tuesday to Thursday, it broke Thursday after her morning nap. Thursday night I noticed she had a bit of a rash on her chest......Friday morning, YIKES! She had a full blown rash on her chest, tummy, neck, and up the side of her face. Throughout the day on Friday it got worse (I called the Dr. in the morning, the soonest they could get me in was 4pm), it crept all over her face, down her tummy into her diaper area, and all over her back. The first 2 pics are from Friday evening after her afternoon nap. By the time I went to Diane's for Genevieve's b-day (Adam stayed home with Squirrel), it had started creeping down her arms and legs. She had a rough night, we were up with her (on and off) until about 3am, finally we gave in and let her sleep with us.....we've never done that before.......it was the ONLY way she'd actually sleep. It was really cute though, it was like 3:30am and it was so quiet, we could hear the train (the train along the river), and she and I laid face to face talking about trains and 'Choo, chooing'. She was just so pathetic, but still trying to be our sweet happy girl.

So, the Dr. said to watch it and come back in on Monday (I knew she'd say that), she said she thinks it's viral (which means they can't do anything, just wait), and we'll see what happens. At first she said Measles is going around, but she pretty quickly said it's NOT Measles. Then I suggested Roseola, though the only symptom that does not match is the high fever. Roseola starts with a high fever, in the range of 104, (Squirrel's was only 101) then the rash shows up. So far the fever has not returned, but the rash is now all the way down her legs and all the way down her arms to her fingers. It's really hard to watch it get so much worse, but everyone is telling me it should get worse before it gets better. She still does not have a fever, which is a great sign, and does not seem itchy at all. You can tell she's just generally uncomfortable, and she wants her Mommy.....all the time! Poor Daddy, he just wants to help her feel better. :-)

Well, it's time to get her up.........I'll update soon.....I hope. ;-p~



This is from Friday afternoon.
Friday afternoon
I just edited this post to add this pic. This is from 5:30pm Saturday, look how much worse it is than yesterday. And yes, she's wearing the same outfit 2 days in a row, it's the only comfortable clothing, I did laundry today. ;-)
Here's her back yesterday afternoon.




This is her back this morning, during her oatmeal bath. It's gotten much worse. :-(

6 comments:

Genevieve said...

awww, yucky...poor Squirrel =(

Mrs. Seal said...

Oh my Gosh Shellee! Your poor poor baby! What on earth? That makes me feel so bad for her! They don't think its an allergic reaction to anything. Poor little girl!

Shellee said...

No, the Dr. did ask that though, she hasn't had anything different...no food, no animals, or anything. Plus, I think having the fever first, leads us to believe it's something else.

Anonymous said...

Is the rash everywhere on her body? Do you wash her clothes seperately from other wash? What detergent do you use. I think I see rash on her face. If her sheets and her little outfit were washed together she could be having allergy to the detergent. Run everything through your washer a couple of times with just a some white vinegar in the wash part and then another run through (all cycles) with plain water. Dryer with NO dryer sheets or Downy-like stuff. If she is listless what about foods? Anything new?
It's makes one feel so impotent not to be able to make the bad stuff go away, poor baby..ALL of you. I'm sorry.

Shellee said...

It is all over her body, and yes I do wash her clothes seperately. I've always used the gentle baby detergent, Dreft, so nothing has changed. We do use dryer sheets, but they're scent free/dye free, totoally hypoallergenic, and it's the same ones I've always used....so that shouldn't be it either. She's not necessarily listless, just uncomfortable. She just wants to chill out and sit with Mommy most of the time. She's still in a good mood and everything, but you can tell she's just not herself. No new foods either. And yes, it's awful not being able to make it all better. But we're doing everything we can to keep her happy and comfortable. ;-)

ps. who was that, Kate?

Faith said...

Oh, Shellee I'm so sorry. That is NO fun. Luke had a similar thing a while back. His rash wasn't nearly as bad but all around, same symptoms. We just waited it out. Hope she is in the clear soon. No fun seeing your baby like that!