So, my friend Jasmine always give me her crap (ahem, goodwill stuff), which I gladly take! Debbie got a lot of boy clothes out of it for Jeremiah, and I got some cute girl clothes for Squirrely. There was one prize in there, a potty seat, you know, the kind that goes right on top of the toilet seat. Well, it has Sesame Street characters on it so it was quite exciting for Squirrel. She noticed it in the bathroom, so I put it on the toilet and let her try it out. She just kinda' hung out for a minute or two, then we pretended to wipe, then flushed and washed our hands. Well, later on in the evening she said 'poop?'....which also means 'potty' sometimes.....so I got really excited and asked her if she wanted to go potty on Elmo. She said yes, so we took off a wet diaper, and hopped on Elmo. I was asking Adam to get the camera, but get the other camera and take the memory card out, and put it in the other camera.....then I heard a *tinkle, tinkle, tinkle*. How freakin' cool is that??? I freaked. My jaw dropped, I was so excited for her! She was so happy and proud of herself. Adam was walking past the bathroom door (in the wrong direction, of course) looking for the camera, and I don't think it hit him until he noticed my face.....duh!!! We told her what a good job she did, and what a big girl she is, and let her know we were sooooo happy! We wiped, flushed and washed our hands again, and she was a pretty happy girl. ;-)
Of course we called everyone to tell them. I have her saying 'Potty, Elmo'. Such a big girl. I don't think we're 'potty training', but at least she's interested. ;-)
Oh, and we never did get the camera.
Thanks Jaz!!
Thursday, June 26, 2008
Potty on Elmo!
Posted by Shellee at 10:27 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Give Squirrel a high five for me, I'm so excited for her!
See you at Friday night (tomorrow or next week...one of the 2).
Oh my goodness, yay Renee!! How exciting, and what a big girl she is!
We haven't even begun to start potty-training... maybe we should get an Elmo potty!
I know, I wasn't even really thinking about it, but when she saw that Elmo potty seat she was VERY interested! She even went again this morning! I don't think it's necissarily 'potty training', but it's a start! ;-D
Post a Comment