Tuesday, May 5, 2009

She is her father's daughter.

Squirrely: 'I gonna' grow up!'

Me: 'Not too fast.'

Squirrely: 'I gonna' grow, grow, grow grow, and I gonna' have a gun and a knife!'

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

rerin: as in, "rerin to go"
(The last word verification. Some of them are so funny!)

nuage said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
nuage said...

Urg!!!! Stupid Blogger!!

Here it is once more time:

While it's a bit scary hearing that from a... what... 3-year-old (?), I have to admit the idea of Renee wanting to be a tough chick with a gun and a knife is kind of intriguing in a way.

nuage said...

..... and that would be "ONE more time"... not.... oh whatever!

Shellee said...

I know, it sounds bad, like we're some hill-billy-rednecks....but Renee knows she's not even supposed to touch an empty holster.....Adam's really bad about leaving those laying around (what a purse is to a girl, a holster is to Adam). ;-)

We've taught her since she could understand 'No' that she does NOT touch guns, and she knows Hayden, Natalie, Jeremiah, Tierra, Benjamin, Kylie, etc, do NOT touch. They're either in the safe, or on his hip. But yeah, I have a feeling we're not going to have a little princess.....we'll have a rough and tough huntin' girl. ;-D

Laura said...

My jaw literally dropped when I read that... lol. I know you guys are careful, it's just so funny that she's so used to the idea of guns and knives that she said that!
Hey, my dad gave me (and my three sisters) a rifle for Christmas when I was 11! :)

Craig Beam said...

That's just hysterical. Get her a squirt gun and a toy lightsaber.

Shellee said...

She said it again last night while getting ready for bed.

"I gonna' grow and have a gun and a knife...like Daddy!"

That's my girl!

Anonymous said...

Yes, and Daddy is going to teach you how to be very careful and safe and to know how to keep it very safe. And you KNOW he will!