Friday, July 2, 2010

Due Date

For those of you not on facebook, or who don't get phone calls/texts from me..... Yes, I'm still pregnant!

I had my C-Section scheduled for Wednesday the 30th (2 days ago), but around 4pm on Tuesday I called and canceled. I just really do not want to recover from the surgery. There is still a chance I could end up having a C-Section, but I really want to try for a VBAC first. So, I had an appointment on Wednesday, my doctor was very supportive and encouraging that I will deliver this baby via VBAC. She said I am about 80% effaced and a good 2cm dilated....which you can walk around dilated for weeks before anything 'real' happens. Anyway, Wednesday was her last day before her vacation, but the good news is she's back sooner than I thought! She'll be back on the 12th.

I have an appointment on Wednesday the 7th which will just be a regular OB check......listen to the heart beat, check my vitals, etc. Then I'll have an OB check plus a NST (non-stress test) on Friday the 9th. The non-stress test will monitor the baby's heart beat for about 30 (or more) minutes. It'll also monitor contractions, check all my vitals, and we'll have an ultrasound to check the fluids surrounding the baby. As long as everything looks good (and if I've made it that far) we'll wait until Monday the 12th (when my doctor is back) and do an iduction. Now, they say 'induction', but it's really not a typical induction. Like I've said before, they can break my water, or give me a 'light' pitocin drip....if my body responds that's awesome.....otherwise I'll probably end up with a C-Secion anyway. My doctor said they would just start with breaking my water. So, keep praying that it all happens 'naturally'!

I really don't mind being pregnant for so long, it's just this nerve pain that I could do without. It's very uncomfortable to sleep, and it's awful to take a shower in the morning. Throughout the rest of the day I can get around for the most part, but I do need to sit with my legs up quite a bit. It's a constant dull pain, with the sharp shooting pain down my leg every once in a while. The whole back of my left leg still feels dead/asleep. It's weird and annoying as heck! I've been living with it for 2 weeks now, I'm sure I can handle another week. I don't mind another doctor delivering the baby next week, but IF I end up with C-Section, I'll be much more comfortable with my doctor. So, I guess I'm hoping I make it to the 12th!!

Today is my due date. I'm glad I made it here. I planned this pregnancy (as well as you can plan it), and was really hoping for a July baby. I'm also glad this baby is cooking as long as he/she needs to. I always felt kinda' weird about scheduling the C-Section (even though it was only 2 days before my due date) early. Renee was 9 days overdue (due December 9th) when we did the NST and found out she was breech, which is probably why she was so late! We did the C-Section 2 days later (December 20th), so she was 11 days overdue!! I'm ok cooking babies for a little longer. ;-)

Anyway, I hope I can make it through the weekend. It's Tony's (my father-in-law) birthday on the 4th, Jaja (Tony's dad) is in town to meet this baby, and my parents are having family over for a BBQ. I'm excited for all the family time! I hope everyone has a great Independence Day!!

3 comments:

nuage said...

So it means you'll have this baby around the 12 the latest?! That means we arrive when the stinker's only 4 days old (we probably won't visit right away because of the long journey... airplane germs 'n all). But I'm psyched nonetheless!!! Now you get me wanting a second kid. Crazy!!

Shellee said...

Yep, at the latest! Who know's if I'll make it that long! Aren't you going to be in the Great White North for a few days anyway? Wait until you hold a newborn, compared to your little Sumo! That'll make you want a teeny tiny 'nother one even more! ;-)

nuage said...

We changed our flight from YVR to PDX to the 16th. Mist of our friends in Vancouver are traveling out of town, and my aunt is busy entertaining her house guests.

And HEY! Who are you calling Sumo? He's... stocky and tall. :) Who knows? Maybe holding a newborn will remind me of what we went through in the early days and actually discourage me from wanting a second one.