Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Teacher Juli

I brought Renee over to Juli's house yesterday so I could clean my house. It's SO awesome having her living so close now, not only do we both have the ease of dropping the girls off with each other, but Natalie and Renee get to see each other almost every day! They don't always play nice, but it's a learning process.....for all of us. Anyway, yesterday was one of the 'better' days. Juli said they did great, no fighting at all.....awesome! So, Juli took the opportunity to work on some 'Preschool' with them. I've tried to sit with Renee and work on shapes and letters and numbers, but she just doesn't have the patience. She knows her shapes, but can't draw them. She can sing the alphabet, but doesn't recognize the letters. She can count to (almost) 20, but does not recognize the numbers. I think I just need to stick with it, every day, whether she's focused or not. I don't even think to do things like this (below)! It gets her thinking, it's an awesome little memory for me, and it'll show us how she's growing and changing.

Anyway! Here's what Juli did with her.........

Renee Daniela Jean (3 years)

Favorites:
Cereal - Rice
Vegetable - Peas
Fruit - Grapes
Drink - Chocolate Milk
Treat - Mini Oreos
Toy - Dora
TV Show - Backyardigans
Movie - "Thindewelly" (Cinderella)
Game - Olivia
Book - Olivia too
Restaurant - "Thu-Chi" (Sushi)
Holiday - Christmas. Halloween and Christmas
Animal -Elephants
Color - Green
Number - 7

If you could change your name, what would you choose? Just Renee

What do you love about Daddy? (Couldn't answer so I asked "What makes you happy about Daddy?" instead.) Mmm..... He helps me pedal. (later when Daddy asked her about this, she told him....'On my trike')

What do you love about Mommy? She helps me pedal too.

What do you love about Echo? She loves dog treats.

What do you love about Kimbum? She poops and pees and pukes. It's yucky, it's not funny.

Me: "But that's yucky! What do you love about her?" Renee: She pees in the litta' box. (actually she doesn't! she pees in the bathtub! I hate that cat)

What do you love about Recon? He pukes too. He's nice. He's nice. (actually, he doesn't puke, he's more like a dog than a cat)

If we get to go on vacation this year, where would you like to go? I'd go to Max & Kody's.

What are some of your wishes for this year? My wish is to play outside.

Thank you so much for doing this Juli! I want to do this once a month, it's so cute!!!

She was supposed to draw a picture of herself, but she drew too many legs, so it's a Spida'.

3 comments:

Faith said...

SO cute. I used to interview Peyton from time to time..I need to do a new one:)

hezugirl said...

So cute!! I love her responses about why she loves you guys!!

sounds like she's an auditory learner : ) and perhaps tactile as well. I predict reading and History will not be her favorite subjects. but she could be a great dancer or gymnast!!

Anonymous said...

Try using blocks to teach her math and numbers..like " I have how many blocks?" "5..ok" "I give you 2 blocks and how many do I have now?"


--Joey